Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shanghai - Changsha (April 9)

Quick morning update before we pack and scoot to the airport :)

Had a great nights sleep after the massive crash-out on the bed around 10:00. Nancy tells me I literally was snoring within 3-4 minutes after my head hit the pillow. For me, usually it requires a good nights sleep on the second night to really clear the jet lag. And so be it... I feel much refreshed this morning.

Checked in with all families last night and this morning, Everyone is here and doing well (in various stages of jet lag of course). Until we are hooked up with Chris later today in Changsha, Nancy has become the unofficial travel coordinator for all families, helping with communications, offering translation and other help with the locals as needed.

Each family of course already has various little stories and adventures to tell, but I will leave that for each family to share as time permits :)

Nancy and I will pack this morning, then walk the local streets to grab some breakfast. (Hotel buffet was not included in our room price and my experience is the hotel buffets are not worth paying extra for in China unless you are just too tired to go outside for some local food). Once we come back to the hotel, it will be 10:00 ish and time to get everything ready for an 11:00 checkout and taxi ride to the regional airport (which is where all domestic flights arrive/depart).
We depart for Changsha at 1:40 PM and will arrive there at around 4:30. Chris, our Heartsent facilitator will meet us there and we will be in his trusted hands for the next week or so as we pick-up the babies and work through our paperwork, notarizations, passports for babies, etc.

I will provide updates to this post once I have internet access in Changsha (wherever and whenever that may be).

'til then.... Cheers!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures? I can't wait to see!

Give her hugs for me.

Mary M

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home